Box Tops for Education
Many thanks to our community for clipping Box Tops throughout this school year. The top three contributing classrooms were Ms. Rees, Ms. Jones, and Ms. Robey. Also thanks to Box Tops coordinator, Jessica Brown, for her efforts.
Congratulations to Ms. Rees' class for donating the most and winning a class party!
Congratulations to all Western Tech graduating seniors and our award recipient, Andrew Eisenhardt, winner of the Westowne PTA scholarship ($300). Best wishes, Andrew!
Playground Play Dates
Westowne PTA will host two Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten Play Dates this summer. Bring your little ones to Christian Temple Playground to meet their classmates and fellow families. Join us for one date or both.
- Saturday, August 19, 10:00 - 12:00
- Saturday, August 26, 1:00 - 3:00
Flying Up Day
Students will participate in Flying Up Day today, Thursday, June 8th, to meet their teachers for next school year. Please note that classroom placement is subject to change based on new enrollments over the summer.
Fifth Grade Recognition Ceremony
If you are attending the 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony on Friday morning, here are a couple things you should know:
- Your names MUST be on the guest list. People who are not on the list cannot attend the ceremony.
- You will need to have your ID in the system so a badge may be printed for you. Anyone who does not have a badge will have to visit the school office before being allowed to go into the cafe--and risks missing part of the ceremony in a long line. If you have not had a badge printed for you this year, you may stop by the school office anytime today (Thursday) from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM with your ID. The school office will also open from 7:00 to 9:00 AM tomorrow (Friday) morning to scan IDs.
Lost and Found
Is your child missing something? Westowne's Lost and Found is now located in the cafe/gym lobby. The Lost and Found items, including many coats and jackets, will be donated to charity after June 23rd.
Please have your students check now to see if they've left something at school.
All inhalers, Epipens, and other medications must be picked up on or before the last day of school, Tuesday, June 13th.
The BCPS Calendar is available online. Remember these important dates this month:
- Friday, June 9th - Last full day of school; final day for Pre-School and Pre-K
- Monday, June 12th - Three hour early dismissal
- Tuesday, June 13th - Three hour early dismissal; final day
Congratulations to Westowne Elementary School alumna, Jessica Mannion, Catonsville High School's senior class valedictorian! You can see her photo and more images from the graduation online.
Karing for Keely
Please share these resources with family and friends who may need assistance feeding their children this summer.
- No Kid Hungry: Just text “food” to 877-877 (or “comida” for a reply in Spanish).
- Baltimore County: Meals will be provided Monday through Friday at area branches of the Baltimore County Public Library (lunch only) from June 20 – August 12, and at selected schools (breakfast and lunch) from July 5 – 29. Visit the link for more details, like locations and times.
BCPL Summer Reading Program
Baltimore County Public Library is here to encourage your children to read this summer. Students can check out books, earn prizes, and participate in activities at local branches throughout the summer. Stop by the library to register or sign up online.