- recipe book - collect recipes used during Teacher Appreciation Week into a cookbook for Westowne families.
- literary magazine - collect stories, poems and art works from the kids to be published online in a Westowne literary magazine.
- community recycling event - coordinate paper shredding services and collection of items not recycled by the county residential service. It could coincide with Earth Week and be a part of our Green School efforts.
- mural program - There is a local Catonsville artist who does murals with kids. Find a space in the community that would host a Westowne mural.
- parents night - Organize a kid-free, adults-only event for Westowne parents.
- flea market - host a community yard sale by renting out table space.
Great ideas get passed to me all the time but I don’t always have the time or resources to turn them into action. Instead of letting them collect dust in my email inbox, I’ll share them here in hopes that they inspire collective action.
News and information about the school, PTA and the community