Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher Appreciation Week is nearly here. With your help, we will celebrate our teachers and staff throughout next week.
- Donate gift cards by Monday, May 1st. Gift cards will be raffled to the teachers. Donations (suggested $10 value) may be sent in your child's folder in an envelope marked with "PTA."
- Fill the lounge with homemade or bakery quality sweets on Tuesday, May 2nd. Sign up here to let everyone know what you can contribute. Donations may be dropped off Thursday morning by 10:00.
- Fill the teachers’ lounge with your favorite snacks and drinks on Thursday, May 4th. Suggestions include fruit/veggie trays, chips/salsa, candy, energy bars, individually bottled beverages, etc. Sign up here. Donations may be dropped off Thursday morning by 10:00.
Pajama Spirit Day
Our monthly Pajama Spirit Day is today, April 27th. Students and teachers may wear their pajamas to school. This month, participants can chose to Light It Up Blue by wearing blue for Autism Awareness, too.
Your PTA organizes Pajama Day. We encourage those who can to make a donation to fund fun and educational events like assemblies and Field Day. The donation is very appreciated but entirely optional. The class with the most donations will win an end of year party. Top classes include:
- Ms. Jones $194
- Ms. Rotolo $190
- Ms. Durm $113.50
The Westowne community is invited to join our Running Club team for the Towson Healthy Hearts 5K--benefiting the American Heart Association--on Saturday, June 10th at 8:00 AM. Enjoy pre- and post-race festivities such as a farmer’s market, music, food, and awards at this family friendly event.
Family and friends may register online by April 30th for the early bird rate. Running Club students do NOT need to register online.
Last Call - Memory Book Photos
Fifth grade families, please help the 5th Grade Committee collect photos for the student Memory Books. Upload pictures of your students and their classmates from 5th grade--from this year and throughout their years at Westowne.
1. Go to: https://westowne5thgrade2017.shutterfly.com/
2. Click on the Photos & Videos tab on the top menu
3. Click on the small +Add Album option below the top menu
4. Upload your pictures by April 30th
One of our second graders is holding a book drive for Project Make a Difference. Find his collection box near the school office and drop in gently used books for all ages by tomorrow, April 28th. Email Amy with questions.
School Picture Day
School photos are being taken tomorrow, April 28th. Please use your flyer to chose a pose and background. Photos will be send home so you can see them before purchasing.
Stream Clean Up
Help beautify our neighborhood and waterways at Herbert Run Stream on Saturday, April 29th from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Thanks to Patapsco Heritage Greenway for partnering with Westowne to organize this event. Pre-registration online is encouraged. Come wearing work clothes, boots, and gloves.
All trash collected will go toward the Clean Green 15 environmental grant competition!
Honor Society Pet Rescue Supply Drive
This week, April 24th - 28th, the Honor Society is collecting items for area pet rescue groups. We need clean, used or new towels, blankets, and sheets and any size dog collars with a clip-closure (no buckles please).
Battle of the Books
Almost 30 students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will participate in Westowne’s in-school Battle of the Books competition tomorrow, April 28th, beginning at 1:30. Good luck, Battlers!
Neighborhood Liquor Store Petition
There is a proposal to add another liquor store to the Westgate community. The new store would be located on Edmondson Avenue at North Bend--at a Westowne Elementary school bus stop, next to the Rise N Stars Daycare and just across the street from Iampieri's bar and liquor store. Please sign this petition if you are opposed to adding another liquor store to the area.