Parents are encouraged to check with their teachers periodically to find out what classroom supplies they may need. Feel free to share the need in the PTA's Facebook group so other parents can help, too.
Here are some of the recent requests:
- Mrs. Albert would like wrapping paper tubes for a rain stick project. Please drop donations off in the school office labeled with the Mrs. Albert's name.
- Many classes are in need of headphones and ear buds. Please drop donations off in the school office.
Outstanding Teacher Awards
It is that time of year again. The Catonsville Chamber of Commerce is soliciting nominations for its Outstanding Teacher Awards. Westowne has so many staff members who go above and beyond.
Who is Eligible for Nomination?
• Baltimore County teachers within the Greater Catonsville Chamber catchment area
• Individuals, organizations, or collaborative teams supporting Baltimore County public or private schools (For example: PTA, cafeteria staff, administration, etc.)
Share your story with the Chamber and help recognize the dedicated individuals or teams at our school.
February Restaurant Night
Join Westowne at Chef Paolino Cafe on Monday, February 8th from 5:00 – 9:00 PM. Chef Paolino's offers family-friendly Italian food for both dine in and carry out. Please bring your flyer so a portion of your check will be donated to Westowne PTA. Your support funds educational and entertaining events like Movie Night and Literature Night.
The Boundary Committee's recommendation to the Board of Education is February 2nd at the Greenwood Campus. The Boundary Board Hearing, to which the public is invited to attend and participate, is Tuesday, February 17th (snow date on 2/19) in the Catonsville High auditorium. The Board should announce the final boundary decision on Tuesday, March 1st.
BCPS Summer Visual Arts Enrichment Camp
This two-week program provides students entering 3rd through 5th grade with opportunities to explore a theme through a variety of art materials as they learn about the work of various artists. Students will be encouraged to refine their current art skills and develop new skills with different materials by experimenting with and using 2-dimensional drawing and painting media and 3-dimensional materials. Students will learn about the artistic process as they solve visual problems, develop their own interpretations of the theme, and create their own art.
Dates: July 11-22, 2016
Cost of the Program: $375.00
Hours: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: Perry Hall High School with (tentative) bus transportation from Catonsville Elementary
Drama Club Updates
To accommodate for the missed rehearsal time this week, all planned events for The Wizard of Oz have been rescheduled for next week. Tuesday 2/2: rehearsal 4:00 - 5:30
- Thursday 2/4: assembly during the school day and full dress rehearsal from 4:00 - 6:00 (includes costumes and make up)
- Friday 2/5: Opening night at 7:00 PM; with a call time for performers of 5:30 and doors open for concessions at 6:15
- Saturday 2/6: Matinee performance at 3:00 PM; will call time for performers of 1:30 and doors open for concessions at 2:15