Chuck E. Cheese's Night Tomorrow
Tomorrow, Friday, March 13, Chuck E. Cheese’s will contribute 15% of all food, merchandise, and token purchases to your PTA. Bring your families to the 5912 Baltimore National Pike location right after school until 9:00. Flyers have been sent home with all the details and special event coupons for dinner and tokens. Please mention Westowne PTA at the register.
Teachers get a free pizza or salad bar with a drink, and a trip into the Ticket Blaster, with their school ID. So Westowne faculty and staff, we'd love to see you there!
The PTA sponsored Scholastic Book Fair runs next week, March 17th - 19th. Every student will get a shopping trip during that week, followed by a family shopping opportunity next Thursday evening at Literature Night. You can support this literacy promotion event in these ways:
- Send your children prepared to buy books on their scheduled days. Those dates will be sent home very soon. When budgeting for the purchase, please be aware that Scholastic charges 6% sales tax.
- Book Fair takes a small army of volunteers giving a couple hours here and there to make it happen. For everyone who signed up, thank you! We look forward to working with you.
Literature Night--Think Globally, Learn Locally
Get excited for Thursday evening, March 19th from 6:00 - 8:00, for our Multicultural Literature Night. Admission to the event is free for students and their families. Highlights include:
- A Culture Fair brought to you by Westowne families with international connections
- Fourteen rooms (with plenty of space for everyone!) for stories and crafts from around the world
- Indian dancer duo Nritya, who will join us for a dance performance at 7:30
- Book Fair, where you can purchase books for your children, as well as their classrooms
- Pizza and snack concessions benefiting the 5th Grade Committee. Do you happen to be free to pitch in for the food sale? Email us. We're a couple hands short.
After School Club Schedule
Due to winter weather, our Chess and Lego Robotics clubs were canceled on several occasions. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Chess Club wrapped up this week. We extended the Lego Robotics clubs to the following dates:
- March 25, Wednesday, for Lego Robotics
- March 30, Monday, for Lego Robotics
Claire's Gourmet Sale
Thanks to everyone for placing their Claire's orders. And thank you to Jenny and Becky for handling this project! Pickup is scheduled for Thursday, March 26th from 4:00-6:00.
5th Grade Scoop
A newsletter was sent home this week with details on all of the upcoming 5th grade events. Take a close look for dates, Memory Book and T-shirt information (please send in the forms so your child can fully participate), and ways you can support your child's final year at Westowne.
We have collected over $1000 worth of Box Tops since this school year began. Way to go, Westowne!
Let’s keep it up by completing the collection sheet being sent home this week. Each completed collection sheet turned in before Wednesday, April 15th will enter you in a raffle for a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card. If you need extra copies, please print them from the attachment below.
Bullying Prevention Town Hall Meeting Today
BCPS sponsored town hall meetings are a great place to hear what's going on with bullying and prevention from a variety of perspectives. You can also advocate for your children or students directly to a lot of the decision makers in our school system.
Thursday, March 12 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Cockeysville Middle School
10401 Greenside Drive, Cockeysville, MD 21030
Recycling Awareness Day
Students are encouraged to rally for recycling this month! The Green Ambassadors from each class will check the recycling and trash. Classes that are using care to recycle will earn leaves and fruit to add to the Recycling Tree in the lobby display case.
Additionally, it's green spirit day on Thursday, March 19th. Students can "recycle their green clothing from St. Patrick's Day" and wear green twice next week.