Teacher Appreciation Week
Get ready, Westowne faculty and staff! We're thrilled to celebrate you all throughout next week.
- Monday – Atwater's catered lunch on the gym stage
- Tuesday – Homemade baked goods in the lounge
- Wednesday – BricknFire pizza oven in the courtyard
- Thursday – Homemade baked goods in the lounge
- Friday – Panera Bread breakfast in the cafeteria at 8:00 AM (with a special thanks to Panera for donating all of the bagels and pastries!)
Support for Teacher Appreciation Week
Please help us assure a fun, successful event for our well-deserving faculty and staff.
- Donate gift cards for merchandise or services and new items that may be raffled off to teachers. We are collecting items until Wednesday, May 13th. Donations may be sent in your child's folder in an envelope marked with "PTA" or placed on the PTA mailbox in the school office.
- With your help, we will fill the teachers' lounge with homemade cookies, cakes, pies, and all things sweet on Tuesday, May 12th and Thursday, May 14th. No need to sign up anywhere; just drop off items by 10:00 AM those days.
- Use the template or get more creative and have your children send in letters and artwork thanking their teachers and staff. Place them in an envelope marked with "PTA" so that we can post them on teachers' doors and bulletin boards. We are collecting items until Wednesday, May 13th.
Many thanks to Rachel and Clark Davenport for coordinating this event!
Screen Free Week
Our librarian, Ms. Johnson, sent home the details for Screen Free Week, which began Monday and runs through this Sunday. During this annual event, students pledge to go "screen free" all week. These fun family events were planned by Ms. Johnson and her team for our community.
- School Grounds Clean-Up today, 4:00 - 6:00. Westowne's Green Club is hosting an afternoon of weeding and mulching. Bring your gloves and garden tools. Students need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Peace A Pizza DISCOUNT Night today, 4:00 - 8:00. Save 20% an any order by mentioning Westowne's Screen Free Week.
- Party in the Park tomorrow, May 8th, 4:00 until dusk. Join Westowne for a family-friendly evening at Benjamin Banneker Historical Park. Bring a picnic, play on the grounds, and walk the trails.
Thank you, Ms. Johnson and the Green Team, for all your hard work!
End of School Year
BCPS has announced the end of this school year. The last day for preschool-3 and pre-K will be Tuesday, June 16. This will be a full day for students at all levels. Wednesday, June 17, and Thursday, June 18, will be half days for elementary and middle school students. The last day for elementary and middle schools will be Thursday, June 18. The last day for high schools will be Friday, June 19. All days during the week of June 15-19 will be full days for high school students.