Five Below Fundraiser
Five Below of Catonsville is hosting a fundraiser for Westowne this weekend, Friday, September 18th through Sunday, September 20th. Flyers have been sent home and are attached here. Do a bit of shopping and present your flyer to the cashier to support the PTA's 5th Grade Committee. Thank you!
Congratulations, 3rd grader Steffanie, on winning the summer Box Tops collection raffle. Thanks to the 31 families who completed the sheets. That's nearly three times as many as we collected last summer.
And keep on clipping! Simply turn in Box Tops in your children's folders, taped or glued to a collection sheet or in a baggie/envelope.
Mark your calendar for Fall Fest on Saturday, October 24th from 3:00 - 6:00. It will be a family-friendly afternoon full of games, pie-in-a-teacher's-face, entertainment, a raffle, a silent auction, concessions benefiting the PTA's 5th Grade Committee, and more.
Want to help? Pick something big or something small. It's all needed and appreciated.
- Donate merchandise or professional services for our silent auction. Last year, our community generously donated such awesome services as a massage, a home-cooked meal, house cleaning, and voice/music lessons. Your gifts made our community more relaxed, well-fed and accomplished in the arts. Plus it helped the PTA. Let's do it again this year!
- We need clean two litter soda bottles. Drop them off on the PTA mailbox in the school lobby.
- Let us borrow your cornhole game boards.
- You know the million little toys that came from birthday parties that are collecting dust in your kids' bedrooms? Donate nearly new items so we can recycle them as game prizes.
Giant A+ Rewards
Welcome to the start of a new school year and A+ School Rewards. Beginning October 9th through March 17th, Westowne Elementary School (#01581) will have the opportunity to earn cash through Giant's program.
All you have to do is:
• Log on to designate our school online using your Giant card, OR
• Call the A+ Hotline at 1-877-275-2758 for assistance.
As of this year, coordinators can no longer collect and register card numbers. Take just a moment to designate Westowne on your account. Even share this information with friends and family who can do the same.
Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
Join fellow Westowne students by trick or treating this Halloween for UNICEF donations. Check out their website for more details on how your family can support children in need this holiday. You may order your own UNICEF collection boxes or contact Westowne parent, Sarah Fondelier. She'll be placing a bulk box order on September 25th if you'd like her to order for you, too. Just send her an email.
Back to School Night
Join us for video presentations from BCPS and the principal, as well as the general membership meeting and budget vote for the PTA. Afterward, come to the cafe for refreshments, join the PTA, and buy spirit wear.
New date: Tuesday, September 22nd, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- For 3rd to 5th grade parents and caregivers
- 5th grade parents, come to the cafe to meet up with the PTA's 5th Grade Committee. Pitch in to help with fundraising and event planning for your child's last year at Westowne.
This year's first Green Thursday is next week, September 24th. Did you know only 20 percent of Catonsville families recycle? Help Westowne change that statistic, one kid at a time. Students may wear green on Thursday and help the school recycle, particularly at lunch.
Located in Hampden in Baltimore City, HampdenFest features three stages of music and art performances, an activity area for kids, and an emerging artists exhibit, as well as four blocks of arts and crafts vendors and wares from a wide range of merchants.
This Saturday, September 19th, 11:00 - 7:00