Did you miss the Spirit Wear sale at Back to School Night? Just email us and we'll help you place your order.
- Website and online newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Westowne Elementary Community Forum on Facebook
Registration forms for the PTA's Fall Clubs, which run for 6 sessions starting in mid-October, will be sent home this week and next. We are offering the following clubs for 2nd-5th grade students:
- Chess Club taught by a parent volunteer, Greg Russell, with help from parent Amanda Ferragamo, on Monday afternoons until 4:45
- Yoga Club taught by future Westowne parent and yoga instructor, Nat Busbee, with help from parent Krystal McCormick, on Tuesday mornings at 8:15
- Lego Robotics taught by Mr. Landel, Westowne teacher, and assisted by parent Sarah Petersen, on Wednesday afternoons until 4:45
Holiday Shoppe Donations
Holiday Shoppe is one of Westowne's most beloved traditions. In December, students shop for gifts from a selection of gently used items including mugs, toys, holiday decorations, knickknacks, accessories, handmade crafts, and more. Families and community members donate these items so that there's plenty of stuff for our children to chose from. If you have donations, please hang on to them for now if possible. In mid-October, we'll have easier access to the PTA storage closet. You can then bring your items in plastic bins or boxes on Monday afternoons, 3:00 until dismissal or Wednesday mornings, arrival until 10:00.
Can't wait? Let us know so we can arrange a time for drop off. Thank you!
Parents are encouraged to check with their teachers periodically to find out what classroom supplies they may need. Feel free to share the need in the PTA's Facebook group so other parents can help, too.Here are some of the recent requests:
- Ms. Kim (Kindergarten) would like shoe boxes.
- Ms. Martin (Health Suite Nurse) needs elastic waisted shorts and pants (used, clean condition is fine) and brand new, sealed in the original package underwear for boys or girls, sizes 4-12.
- Ms. Cooper-Albert (Art) would like newspapers, clean Safeway bakery containers (the sturdy, non-clamshell kind), empty hand soap or dish detergent bottles, and small Folgers red plastic coffee cans.
Baltimore Book Festival
This weekend's Baltimore Book Festival features hundreds of author appearances and book signings, cooking demos by celebrity chefs, storytellers and hands-on projects for kids, street theater and music, and a delicious variety of food and drinks.
Friday, September 23rd through Sunday, September 25th, 11:00 - 7:00
Browse the merchandise this weekend in Academy Heights.
Saturday, September 24th, 8:00-2:00