Here's the calendar for this year, with many PTA and school event details right at your fingertips. Copies will be available at both Back to School Nights.
We hope to see you there!
5th Grade Committee
Fifth grade parents, help make your child's final year at Westowne extra memorable. Each year, the PTA's 5th Grade Committee provides t-shirts and memory books for students, gives a gift to the school, and partners with teachers to provide a recognition ceremony for your families to enjoy. We need a bunch of you to help!
- Sports game fundraisers (1 person, and we already got you started with the O's game on Sunday, the 24th)
- Concessions sales at PTA and school events throughout the year (team of at least 4-6 people)
- Memory book (2 people)
- T-shirts (1-2 people)
- Recognition Ceremony (2-3 people)
Don't forget to turn in your completed summer Box Tops collection sheets by Friday, September 15th. One student will win a prize! And if you're feeling lucky, visit Box Tops' website to enter for a chance to win several sweepstakes for our school.
Parents and caregivers of 3rd -5th graders are invited to attend Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00. Please note, this event is not for students. Children who attend should remain with their families throughout the evening. Also note, classroom sessions are only being held for third, fourth, and fifth grade on this date. Classroom sessions for K-2nd grade take place on the following Tuesday.
While you're there, stop by the PTA tables for:
- details on O's ticket sales for the Sunday, September 24th game,
- the school directory sign up,
- light refreshments,
- a raffle for books and product samples,
- and spirit wear t-shirts in student sizes, as well as adult XS, S, and M.
Parents are encouraged to check with their teachers periodically to find out what classroom supplies they may need. Feel free to share the need in the Facebook community forum so other parents can help, too.Here are some of the recent requests:
- Ms. Alter (preschool 3s) would like flat rocks for painting.
- Ms. Martin (Health Suite Nurse) needs gently used elastic waisted shorts, sweat pants, and yoga pants in all sizes (especially sizes 10-20) for girls and boys, as well as unopened packages of underwear for boys and girls, extra small through extra large.
sweetFrog Restaurant Night
Join Westowne friends for self-serve frozen yogurt at the Catonsville sweetFrog on Wednesday, September 13th from 4:00-10:00 PM. Twenty percent of Westowne's purchases will be donated to our PTA. Bring the flyer you will receive in your children's folders or just mention Westowne at the register. Invite family and friends!
Keep an eye out for other upcoming restaurant nights. We aim to run one per month as both a source of revenue for the PTA and a social event.
Bus service information, including locations and times, may be found on Westowne's website.
Westowne values volunteers. Anyone interested in volunteering on upcoming field trips or at the school should complete the BCPS volunteer application and training.
Back to School Nights
Parents are invited to join us at Back to School Night. Learn all about what Westowne has planned for this year.
- Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00 PM for 3rd-5th grade
- Includes PTA information session detailing the PTA's plans for educational enrichment, family involvement, and school support this year
- Tuesday, September 19th at 6:00 PM for K-2nd grade
- Includes PTA information session, as well as the financial review from last school year and the budget vote for this year
Drop Off & Pick Up
Drop off and pick up like a pro with the help of this map.
The BCPS Calendar is available online. Remember these important dates this month:
- Thursday, September 21st - Schools closed
Art Club for Beauty & the Beast, Jr.
Creative artists wanted to help design and create props, sets, costumes, and special effects for Westowne’s Beauty and the Beast, Jr. Musical.
Weekly meetings are on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30, from October 3rd through February 20th. The club is accepting applications from students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. Please attach a portfolio of your original artwork to demonstrate your creative skills. Your portfolio may include:
- Photographs of other work
Applications are due by Tuesday, September 19th.
Catonsville Arts & Crafts Festival
Find one of a kind art from across the east coast, live music, refreshments, and children's activities this Sunday, September 10th from 10:00 - 5:00 on Frederick Road. See the Catonsville Arts & Crafts Festival website for more details.